Thursday, August 30, 2012

Orientation

The end of summer vacation has come! It was a short one for me. It seems that I've been in Japan for a week now - I've gotten used to it rather quickly, I guess. Japanese comes fairly easily to me now. This morning I met some of the other KCJS students - they seem like a good bunch, although fairly jetlagged. I hope they want to speak Japanese as badly as I do! We had an information session this morning, followed by a tour of the university. It's pretty big, plus they have 3 campuses! This place is huge! Oh, and the piano club said I'm welcome to join! Looking forward to playing again.

Anywho, the tour was conducted by three Doshisha students. They were pretty cool guys - I hope we become friends. I pretty much used exclusively Japanese today, so I'm on my way to doing well. We'll see how things proceed.

For dinner, I went with a few people and a Japanese student to a ramen restaurant - pretty tasty. Then we checked out the underground shopping mall "Zest". Pretty boring, unfortunately. Well, more fun another day, I guess. Speaking of which,  tomorrow I meet my homestay family. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment